Forum

Home » Forum
by info Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ryder Cup 2014

Login to comment!

info
by info 21st September 2014

whose yer money on ? as said in other threads, for no logical reason whatsover, i fancy the yanks

ciaranlohan
by ciaranlohan 21st September 2014

Europe, on paper.

better players and course should suit them.

won't be a thrashing, but should be relatively comfortable to retain the cup.

davidod2004
by davidod2004 22nd September 2014

Europe will walk it.

info
by info 24th September 2014

2 sleeps to go. loving the ryder cup channel on sky 

ciaranlohan
by ciaranlohan 24th September 2014

any bets on?

i'm thinking Europe 15.5 - 12.5 USA at 10/1, and Rickie Fowler top US points scorer at 5/1.

will probably stick a few quid here and there on individual matches too.

icairnsk
by icairnsk 26th September 2014

That's some studio sky have set up by front tee! The scale of the whole thing just gets bigger and bigger each year. There's even a tunnel like boxing on way to first tee! :D

I just hope its a close for the 3 days, take back what I said about Yanks need to win. 'mon Europe!

info
by info 27th September 2014

i stuck a wee bit on the yanks 

info
by info 27th September 2014

anyone been watching it . was looking interesting enough until this avo's foursomes, but looking only one way now, especially with the yanks having to outright win it, to win it [ ie europe win, if its a tie ] 

will be a bet im very happy to lose  

icairnsk
by icairnsk 27th September 2014

K Club 2006 all over again as I suspected.

Shame.

icairnsk
by icairnsk 28th September 2014

Great final day, way better than I thought was gonna be. Watson will regret dropping Spieth and Reed day 1 and then resting Micker all yesterday as was -6 today. Gutsy by GMac today, while team bar Gallagher contributed. 

Mahan bottles it again. A point there would have made it way more interesting. 

icairnsk
by icairnsk 28th September 2014
patrickdobrien
by patrickdobrien 29th September 2014

Patrick Reed. The biggest dickhead that's ever walked the planet. Fucking hell. Pipe down you fat little shithead and check the scoreboard!

info
by info 29th September 2014

a good ryder cup but not a great one. Hunter Mahan bottled it again yesterday. The yanks had alot of chances and just totally blew it . good amazing golf played over the weekend though, Mcilroy played a stormer. 

if ive one complaint, its the use of the word momentum. I think every euro player interviewed over the weekend, struggled to complete a sentence without using it 

patrickdobrien
by patrickdobrien 30th September 2014

Bubba Watson was fuckin garbage aswell. 0 points. Apparently he's lost 8 of his 11 Ryder Cup matches. Some of the Yanks just don't take to playing in Europe that well...which is hardly surprising considering a lot of them pretty much never do. Hazeltine 2016 should be pretty good - they'll be hell bent on revenge. 

ciaranq
by ciaranq 30th September 2014

Patrick Reed. The biggest dickhead that's ever walked the planet. Fucking hell. Pipe down you fat little shithead and check the scoreboard!

Have to disagree with you there Paddy, it was good to see him give enough of a shit to act the bollix. I can see the yanks giving less and less of a fuck if the euro dominance continues.

Can't wait to see Rickie Fowler win a major next year, incredible golfer. THis fucking shot! https://twitter.com/Adam_Sarson/status/515542896796520448/photo/1

icairnsk
by icairnsk 30th September 2014

Agree, great to see Reed give a shit although don't agree about yanks not wanting to give a shit. They do and the young guys coming through will certainly do as well. They'd love to be remembered as the ones that turned the tide. Great that Rickie Fowler has a personality to boot, just a pity he's mates with Bubba, who used to admire the way he played golf sometimes but now realise is just a twat.Rickie Fowler still hasn't won a match in a Ryder cup. 5 losses and 3 draws, amazing really. Hope him and Rory go toe to toe for many more years.

Bit of a poison chalice to whoever follows McGinley!

ciaranq
by ciaranq 30th September 2014

Fowler is going to play the Irish Open next year which is pretty cool. 

patrickdobrien
by patrickdobrien 1st October 2014

There's plenty of ways to show passion other than the way he carried on. Shussing a crowd that wasn't even giving him abuse etc. He also called himself one of the top five players in the world. He's a fuckin bellend.

Yeah looks like a few big names will be playing the Irish Open now that McIlroy is sponsoring it.

icairnsk
by icairnsk 1st October 2014

Well worth a listen from 15mins to 30mins.

Paul Kimmage admires Mickelson and lads have a go at Watson.

https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains-it-com/second-captains-2909-lefty-revolt-master-mcginley-codys-decima-ufc-sell

icairnsk
by icairnsk 1st October 2014

There's plenty of ways to show passion other than the way he carried on. Shussing a crowd that wasn't even giving him abuse etc. He also called himself one of the top five players in the world. He's a fuckin bellend.

Yeah looks like a few big names will be playing the Irish Open now that McIlroy is sponsoring it.

He's no Rory Sabbatini! :D

info
by info 2nd October 2014

dunno if you saw him teeing off on the first paddy, but someone shouted from the crowd ' Have you practised your putting Patrick' . The heckler was really loud, and it was picked up perfectly on TV and by the rest of the crowd. It was referring to him missing a few howlers the day before. anyway, between that, and im sure him being a bit rotund , im sure he gets plenty of stick 

personally i dont mind him. at least he's a character, and golf is surely lacking in them these days. Way i see it, he's like a yankee Monty. I don't particularly like him, but i prefer that he's around, than we have another dull fucker like webb simpson taking up space 

icairnsk
by icairnsk 2nd October 2014

dunno if you saw him teeing off on the first paddy, but someone shouted from the crowd ' Have you practised your putting Patrick' . The heckler was really loud, and it was picked up perfectly on TV and by the rest of the crowd. It was referring to him missing a few howlers the day before. anyway, between that, and im sure him being a bit rotund , im sure he gets plenty of stick 

personally i dont mind him. at least he's a character, and golf is surely lacking in them these days. Way i see it, he's like a yankee Monty. I don't particularly like him, but i prefer that he's around, than we have another dull fucker like webb simpson taking up space 

agree. 

icairnsk
by icairnsk 4th October 2014

Activity

View More